Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Wait....

Everyday is a new day, some are good days, others are those bad days. Well today is a alright day. See living in a state where is beautiful one day, and then the next day its pouring and snowing. Today is a rainy day and cold, we all know that those days are a type of "cuddling" weather. But I know if I tell my husband it is cuddling weather he might not feel the same because its extremely hot and we all know that we don't want to cuddle in the hot weather. I think one of the biggest things that is hard in the deployments is the waits.. The wait for them to call or some type of communication that they made it there okay, the wait for him to come home, or even the wait every night for him to just message you and talk to you. I stay up every night waiting for something, the thing of being a college student than being on base is that no one fully understands what you go through. Yes, people in college go through long distance relationships but they can talk all day so they think that you are going through the same. Well here is a reality check, we army dependents don't get to talk to them 24-7. And sometimes they are fighting for our freedom while the worse thing your boyfriend can do is nothing as serious. No one knows what an army dependent goes through unless you have been through it. Being in college not a lot of people have gone through it. I was an army girlfriend when he left for basic in August, and I can still remember that day he left. He thought that he was suppose to leave one day but it was actually a day early. It wasn't expected and the day he ran into our room told me that he is already late, so he packed his bag and let his brother take him so he wont have to see me upset. There were two smart things that I was prepared for before he left. One thing I did was to make sure he would remember our fun times. So what I did was I bought a little hand notebook from the Dollar General. I wrote dates of when we first met, date, kiss, the funny things we did that you would never forget, the day he told you he was joining the military, and everything that needs to be remember so when he misses you he can read that and see what fun times you guys had. I also wrote a little note on the first two pages telling him what it was all about and I made sure that he knew my address so when he gets a chance to write the first letter he will have it.. The way I knew I did that right was when a month later I was the first one to get a letter. Boy did I shine! The second smartest thing I made him do was to take my phone while he was on his way to the bus. I told him instructions on what I wanted him to do, what the instructions was that he had to make a video of himself talking about what he would tell me if I am sad, mad, or when something great is going on. I wanted him to have say whatever he wants anything that would be helpful for me when I need him. That was one of the smartest things I ever did, I watched it about three times a week or even more depending on that day or week. I haven't been part of the military for very long, it hasn't even been a year that he has been in it. I haven't made a lot of military friends. I can only say that I have a couple military friends. I don't know alot about them, but when we need each other they are there. I hope when I finally get to live with my husband once again that I would make some friends that go through the same thing. I think sometimes its nice to have people who you can relate to, someone who understands as much as your other true friends also. You love your friends and care for them a lot and sometimes you just wish that they fully understand on why you miss things or what do you just randomly click into these weird moods to where you just want to be alone or quiet. They try to understand and that is all you can ask for. I am thankful for what god has given me as friends, because if they didn't then I would be more crazy than I am now, and wouldn't have someone to talk to all the time.

Kait


One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.
-Lucius Annaeus Seneca


 
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_friendship.html#KOYHTVSQsmkkzQfw.99 

No comments:

Post a Comment