Thursday, April 11, 2013

My Forever Friend...

I read a quote last year called the forever friend, it was a website where anyone can post their favorite quotes or make up their own. This quote was made up by an anonymous person. Here is the quote I found thank you to boardofwisdom.com, "Sometimes in life, you find a special friend. Someone who changes your life just by being part of it. Someone who makes you laugh until you can't stop. Someone who makes you believe that there really is good in the world. Someone who convinces you that there really is an unlocked door just waiting for you to open it. This is forever friendship. When you're down and the world seems dark and empty, your forever friend lifts you up in spirit and makes that dark and empty world suddenly seem bright and full. Your forever friend gets you through the hard times, the sad times and the confused times. If you turn and walk away, your forever friend follows. If you lose your way, your forever friend guides you and cheers you on. Your forever friend hold your hand and tells you that everything is going to be okay. And if you find such a friend, you feel happy and complete because you need not worry. You have a forever friend, and forever has no end." I used some of this in our vows when we got married in February. I love this quote to death the truth is that it is real. Everyone has that forever friend, with me I believe my husband is my forever friend. We both have been through a lot but most of it we got through it together. I know that my husband has shown me that there is a good in this world if you stop worrying about it and get out there and find it. But he doesn't let me go through it alone, he will be there to go through it all together. He is my forever friend, the thing that sucks with this deployment is some of this he can not do. He can't hold my hand and cheer me on to go through the situation together. Today is one of those days that I feel like my day is a little bit dark and empty, but I know that he would help me if he could. Today is one of those days if you do the wrong thing or just act straight up dumb I am going to explode! And when someone ask me if I am okay, I just want to yell and say I just want to get out of here and be with my real family. The thing here is your suppose to meet friends in college and they are suppose to be that friend for the rest of your life, well sometimes it is wrong. I have only one true friend that I have met here, but she left so she can move on with her life. I miss her a lot because she understood me and knew when to make me laugh or when to just chill with me. Everyone else here is friendly but most of them are fakes. My dad always told me this saying... "Friends come and go, but your family is always there." And I know that is right! I would pick my family over these fake people, who think they are your friends, but once you leave they will forget about you, like you forgot about them. I think there is always going to be two forever friends in my life, or any other military wife, fiance, or girlfriend. And that is yourself. Your soldier can't be here always to help you go through the dark because he is part of the reason why you feel like your world is empty because you can't see him, or call/text him whenever you can. You have to rely on yourself to get through all the dark when you have no one else to lean on. And sometimes we take that for granted! We rely on to many people and we don't rely on yourself. I love my husband to death and I am so happy that God gave me him to help me when he can. I know that with me and him forever will have no end. Today is a dark day, but as I write this it seems like I am getting closer to that light to get me through the rest of the day. I think everyone realizes that the lesson in me writing this was that we need to rely on ourselves and not always on our soldiers because in the end whether we realize it or not they actually rely on us. They rely on us to make sure we take care of ourselves, our bills, house, their family, and for most women their children. We don't realize how much they need us when they are gone, so I am going to keep fighting to stay strong for my husband and hope that every military dependent is doing the same while they go through deployment, AIT, or basic. Our other heart should be our strength to get through the darkness, the rainy days, or even through the empty days.

~Kait~

"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment